Here is a sample of the artwork that is hanging outside of the art room right now. Kindergartners mixed the primary colors to create secondary colors. It is always a lot of fun to watch (and listen) to the kids when the paints combine and "like magic" change into a third color. My favorite comment so far was a little guy who after combining red and yellow to make orange looked me straight in the eye and asked me "How did you make it do that?"
I read art teacher blogs all the time. They are a great source of inspiration and ideas. I believe I got the idea for these next two projects off of one called "Deep Space Sparkle" We actually did the turtle first and the owl second. These are very simple projects to start off the year with. I draw on the board and then the students "mimic" my lines on their paper. The students are always amazed when they begin to realize that drawing is really just learning where to put the lines on their paper. After they finish drawing with their pencil we use markers to fill in all of the sections with different designs and patterns. Then the kids trace over all of their pencil lines with a marker, cut out, glue to background paper and add a name card. As you look at these I think you will be more impressed to realize that these were drawn by first graders during the first few weeks of school!
No comments:
Post a Comment